Saturday, January 14, 2006

Dream or Not?? You decide

Since I'm a journaler, I decided to post something from my journal that I wrote 1-13-05, a whole year ago. The question is, was this true or just a dream? You tell me what you think.


******************************************************************************
I was at the Friend’s bookstore in Lahabra. I was there to work, but as usual I started looking at books. I was browsing through the section adjacent to the desk, under the music shelf. There I found a couple of books I was interested in. I pulled out this old dusty grey book that was soft leather and looked bout’ tattered. It looked old and quite used. It had some writing on the cover over which had faded and it was hard to read. I thumbed through the book and saw that it had lots of writing. It looked to be a date book. The writing wasn’t neat and a lot of the entries were plastered on the page with no intent on staying between the lines. I saw the book was a ten-year calendar from the year 1994 to 2004. Someone who apparently died some time last year probably had his or her possessions donated to the library. I thought, “Wow! This person basically documented the last ten years of his life. And he did!” I flipped back to the end of the date book. Near the end I saw an entry that said, “I am dying.” I turned the page and it looked like a couple of the pages were missing, or ripped out. I thought that was quite strange. Then I saw what looked like Jan’s handwriting, like with the last page with an arrow pointing back that said, “Dying.” I figured the person had to be documenting his health and everything over the years and I was amazed at how such a book had ever been created and used. He must have been faithful with his documentation. I took the book and put it on the desk to buy.

Jan was shelving and moving around. I was, too. I went to the wall and saw some roses with baby’s breath and purple flowers on the shelf. They weren’t in a vase. They were just lying there. I maneuvered them until they were all neatly arranged into a bouquet and put them back on the shelf. A lady, who was white, tall, big and looked to be lesbian with short hair came in. She told me she wanted to buy them and asked how much. “I guess”, I said, “29 dollars.” She said, “OK,” but I knew they were worth more than that. Since we were in the library bookstore, I thought I had been reasonable. They were freshly cut and I imagine they’d last some days if well taken care of. The lady and I exchanged dialogue, which I can’t remember now. All I do remember is she asked me to put clear shipping tape in two places on her back. In the middle of the bookstore, she raised her shirt up and I taped two by two inch strips of tape underneath her shoulder blade. Not sure what that was all about.

In the library, Jan asked me if I sold the flowers. I told her, “Yes.” She thought that was good, but I couldn’t tell if she was pleased or not with my price quote. I thought it was pretty dern good. So the lady who bought the bouquet was on the bus outside. I was on it, too. More dialogue. ????

Rev. Harris and Rev. Craig are in front of me. And I think it was I who gave them compliments on teaching 101 class at church. They were both happy and accepting of the compliments.
****************************************************************************

Was this a dream, or did this really happen??

No comments: