Saturday, September 08, 2007

We all have a gift

I have a lot of gifts. No, not gifts like someone wrapped a present and gave me something for a special occasion. I have what those who believe and understand the meaning, spiritual gifts. One of them is the gift of exhortation. I love to encourage. When I lived in Houston for six years, I was really developing my gift of hospitality. It seemed like folks were always over my place and I took joy in serving them and opening my home for love, laughter and food. Since moving back home to Waco, the relationships aren't at deeply rooted since I haven't lived in my hometown most of my adult life. So for the past 2 1/2 yrs a lot of relationships are distant by miles. Many miles. But thank God for technology. For those who use it for good and not evil, it's been a blessing.

So if you are not sure of what gift you have, I am sure they have some online spiritual gift assessments. I've scored pretty high in leadership and teaching. One spiritual gifts assessment I took said I scored really low in mercy. It could have been what was going on in my life at that time. I guess you can't be gifted in them all. Find your spiritual gift here.

2 comments:

ERIC SHACKLE said...

ERIC SHACKLE writes...
Hi Maryee. Greetings from Sydney, Australia.

You many like to read a story about the world's oldest dogs, one of which lived in Waco.

It's posted in my blog, LifeBeginsAt80: http://lifebeginsat80.blogspot.com/

Did Wiley really live for 31 years? If so, he would have been the world's all-time oldest dog. The previopus record was 29 years, 5 months, set 100 years ago by Bluey, an Australian cattle dog.

Best wishes, Eric
eshackle@ozemail.com.au

John said...

Great info, thanks for posting. If you’re looking for a really fashion forward professional beauty supply then these might be the guys to help you out.